The complete package for international business travellers - only £79.99 (20% saving against if purchased separately). Newly released content for 2019!
Bundle Package includes Hotel Safety, Intercultural Awareness, Pre-Planning and Packing, Safe Ground Transportation, Safe Meetings and Leisure Time.
Our essential eLearning series will equip you with exclusive strategies for protecting yourself whilst abroad for business travel - our modules combine years of business travel knowledge with industry expert insights. Each module takes approximately 15-20 minutes to complete and can be taken on your wi-fi enabled smart device.
There are also full resource sections available within each module.
Individual module key learnings are as follows:
HOTEL SAFETY - The aim of this module is to raise awareness of potential risks associated with hotel stays and to equip learners with the knowledge they need to enable them to have a safe stay. On completing this module, learners will be able to:
- Identify threats and risks in hotels,
- Identify and book safe accommodation,
- Understand the obligations that hotels have to keep their guests safe and confidently challenge them when they don’t,
- Understand what to do in case of a hotel fire,
- Protect personal belonging in and around a hotel,
- Stay safe in their hotel bedroom and public spaces,
- Avoid unwanted attention and from hotel staff and other guests,
- Avoid hotel intruders and nuisance calls.
INTERCULTURAL AWARENESS - The aim of this module is to raise awareness of restrictions, both legal and cultural that may affect women & LGBTQ+ travellers as they travel and work in different countries and cultures. On completing this module, learners will be able to:
- Understand how differences in culture may impact their personal safety,
- Identify appropriate resources to understand the local culture and customs which must be observed,
- Recognise any local legal restrictions that they must adhere to,
- Have awareness of how cross-cultural dynamics could lead to sexual harassment or assault,
- Understand which products might cause offence if taken into the country,
- Understand how different body-language and hand gestures could be perceived across different cultures,
- Learn about some key geographical hotspots of gender-based risk,
- Be aware of local and legal responses to the LGBTQ+ community and the inherent risks,
- Safely and appropriately report a sexual assault,
- Keep safe when using social media.
PRE-PLANNING & PACKING - The aim of this module is to raise awareness of the need to plan and pack judiciously for the destination and for their own wellbeing. On completing the module, learners will be able to:
- Understand the destination they are travelling to and the inherent risks,
- Use a range of resources to understand the geo-political climate of their destination,
- Pack and dress appropriately for the destination
- Prepare for emergency evacuations,
- Identify all the essential travel documents, visas and permits required in country,
- Identify key health considerations and medical implications when travelling overseas,
- Prepare for and identify risks associated with pregnancy and business travel.
SAFE GROUND TRANSPORTATION - The aim of this module is to raise awareness of potential risks to personal safety that is presented through ground transportation and the use of public transport. On completing this module, learners will be able to:
- Reduce the risk of being picked up by the wrong driver,
- Reduce the risk of abduction,
- Deal confidently with inappropriate behaviour from drivers,
- Reduce the risk of being involved in a road traffic accident,
- Have safety strategies in place when using ride-sharing services,
- Understand and avoid the risk of car-jacking,
- Understand when it is or is not appropriate to use public transport,
- Reduce the risk of theft of belongings on public transport.
SAFE MEETINGS AND LEISURE TIME - The aim of this module is to help learners stay safe whilst navigating their meetings and leisure time, when travelling on business. On completing the module, learners will be able to:
- Identify the safest meeting venues,
- Reduce the risk of a personal safety incident both in and out of the work environment,
- Understand and reduce the risk of drink spiking,
- Continue a health and wellbeing programme safely, when away from home,
- Reduce the risk of sexual harassment and unwanted attention,
- Identify where cross-culture may lead to inappropriate behaviour,
- Keep company information confidential,
- Deal with inappropriate behaviour from colleagues and business acquaintances,
- Keep safe when dating or looking for a relationship whilst also travelling on business,
- Recognise their 'duty of responsibility' and not compromise their own personal safety or your organisations reputation.
Here is a summary of how we use your data within this Learning Management System:
- To supply you with the eLearning you have been assigned, to track your progress and eMail you a certificate of completion at the end of each module.
- You will have access to the Learning Management System for the period of the contract with either you as an individual or this may be through your company. This is usually for a period of a year. Your data will be deleted within three months of the end of the contract period. You will not have access to the Learning Management System or eLearning after this time.
- Should you wish to stay in touch with us, you can do so by subscribing to our monthly newsletter. We never spam or sell your data to third parties and you can unsubscribe at any time. We just like to keep you informed of top travel safety tips, competitions and information we think you will find useful. You can register for this via our website - www.maiden-voyage.com
All our prices are inclusive of VAT.
Other Important Information to Note:
- There are instructions on how to navigate each module under topic one and we advise you read these carefully. Please pay particular attention to how to exit the course upon completion.
- The modules contain images, videos, sounds, animations and interactive elements throughout. Please therefore be patient if loading takes a few seconds.
- If you are taking this course on a smart device, you will need to ensure you have a strong WiFi connection (free hotel WiFi may not work).
- You may need to turn your smart device to landscape for some parts of the module
- All users will need to enable pop-ups.
- All case studies used have been taken from real women and their experiences, however the voiceovers and images have been changed to protect identity.
- The Ground Transportation module contains Product Placement.
- Your module may have an expiry date. Check whether this is the case. You have until this date to complete the module. There is a short assessment at the end of each module. Upon passing, you will be emailed your certificate or you may be able to access it via logging in to the Learning Management System (LMS).
- All content is the Copyright © of Maiden-Voyage.com Limited
- If you have any questions or problems, please do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you benefit from and enjoy the modules and we always welcome feedback!
Your cart is empty