IDEAL FOR THOSE TRAVELLING TO NEW COUNTRIES & CULTURES.
In countries around the world, women and members of the LGBTQ+ community face specific legal and cultural restrictions. Don’t be caught out - preparation is key! Discover which countries and cultures have laws and customs which could affect your trip, hear the experiences of other women, and find out what further resources are available to you. Click module title to view full objectives.
This module will take approx. 15-20 minutes to complete.
The aim of this module is to raise awareness of restrictions, both legal and cultural that may affect women and LGBTQ+ travellers as they travel and work in different counties and cultures. On completing the module, learners will be able to:
· Understand how differences in culture may impact their personal safety,
· Identify appropriate resources to understand the local culture and customs which must be observed,
· Recognise any local legal restrictions that they must adhere to,
· Have awareness of how cross-cultural dynamics could lead to sexual harassment or assault,
· Understand which products might cause offence if taken into the country,
· Understand how different body-language and hand gestures could be perceived across different cultures,
· Learn about some key geographical hotspots of gender-based risk,
· Be aware of local and legal responses to the LGBTQ+ community and the inherent risks,
· Safely and appropriately report a sexual assault,
· Keep safe when using social media.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Certificate of Completion
Here is a summary of how we use your data within this Learning Management System:
- To supply you with the eLearning you have been assigned, to track your progress and eMail you a certificate of completion at the end of each module.
- You will have access to the Learning Management System for the period of the contract with either you as an individual or this may be through your company. This is usually for a period of a year. Your data will be deleted within three months of the end of the contract period. You will not have access to the Learning Management System or eLearning after this time.
- Should you wish to stay in touch with us, you can do so by subscribing to our monthly newsletter. We never spam or sell your data to third parties and you can unsubscribe at any time. We just like to keep you informed of top travel safety tips, competitions and information we think you will find useful. You can register for this via our website - www.maiden-voyage.com
All our prices are inclusive of VAT.
Other Important Information to Note:
- There are instructions on how to navigate each module under topic one and we advise you read these carefully. Please pay particular attention to how to exit the course upon completion.
- The modules contain images, videos, sounds, animations and interactive elements throughout. Please therefore be patient if loading takes a few seconds.
- If you are taking this course on a smart device, you will need to ensure you have a strong WiFi connection (free hotel WiFi may not work).
- You may need to turn your smart device to landscape for some parts of the module
- All users will need to enable pop-ups.
- All case studies used have been taken from real women and their experiences, however the voiceovers and images have been changed to protect identity.
- The Ground Transportation module contains Product Placement.
- Your module may have an expiry date. Check whether this is the case. You have until this date to complete the module. There is a short assessment at the end of each module. Upon passing, you will be emailed your certificate or you may be able to access it via logging in to the Learning Management System (LMS).
- All content is the Copyright © of Maiden-Voyage.com Limited
- If you have any questions or problems, please do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you benefit from and enjoy the modules and we always welcome feedback!
Your cart is empty